Have an overripe banana lying around or a portion of a can of pumpkin puree leftover from another recipe? I feel like there is constantly a rotation of one of these in my kitchen right now. It’s no secret that I am making a lot of pumpkin recipes right now. Very few recipes use an entire can. Therefore, this means there is often a portion of some can in my refrigerator at one time or other. And bananas? There is a continual rotation of green, ripe, overripe bananas hanging or in my fruit basket.
This recipe is a great way to use up some of those ingredients. The banana adds moisture without having to add oil, and it also adds some sweetener to the recipe. The banana, along with the honey, adds the right amount of sweetness. If you are able to wait a day, the sweetness definitely intensifies as well.
Zucchini Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bars
A wonderfully moist, nutritious bar recipe sure to satisfy your sweet craving or chocolate craving.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (120 g)
- 46 g liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g zucchini, shredded (1 zucchini)
- 100 g banana, mashed (1 small banana)
- 2 TBS I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light (can sub any oil or butter)
- 3 TBS honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBS pumpkin spice white chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips)
- 2 TBS chocolate chips
- 2 Squares of dark chocolate chunks (cut into 9 chunks – or just regular chocolate chips for the top)
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 9×9 pan with spray and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana and add the pumpkin, grated zucchini, egg whites, honey, butter substitute, vanilla. Whisk together well.
- Add in the flour and baking powder, whisking and stirring until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Top with chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 25 minutes until toothpick comes out nearly clean.
- Slice into 9 squares and enjoy!!!
- Store on the counter for up to 24 hours, and then in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
NutritionPer Serving: 138 calories; 24 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fat.
What I Used To Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may include affiliate links which won’t share your price but will share some of the commission.