Nutritious and delicious does not have to be hard!
So I shared with you how my pantry and kitchen were recently beautified and organized. Well in accomplishing this great feat 😉 I can now see all my food, and that which needs to used! I have baking mixes that have been in my pantry for some time now, that I simply forgot about! Well no longer – everything is front and center, easy to see. Watch out easy, fool-proof baking – here we come!
First off I have had this mix of Kodiak Cakes cornbread in my pantry for months now. Ask me why I haven’t used it? I frankly don’t have an answer! 🤷🏼♀️ I bought with good intention but then forgot about it!
I haven’t seen this mix quite as regularly as I see their pancake and other mixes, so if you can’t find them in your store, you can of course order on Amazon. 😁
Oh my goodness you guys, these cornbread muffins are SOOOO good. They are a little different than the usual crumbly cornbread. They are very dense and packed full of nutrition. But most importantly – they are SO GOOD. Did I already say that? Well, it needs repeating.
They are the perfect compliment to any soup or chili. With it being fall now and the weather getting cooler, soups are my JAM. The other day it was rainy, windy, and cool, and the day just screamed soup.
How I made these muffins:
I pretty well followed the instructions on the box with a few tweaks of course 😉.
The recipe made 12 large muffins. Macros per muffin are:
174 calories, 27.4g carbs, 3.4g fat, 10.4g protein
Do yourselves (and family) a favor and make these the next time you are making soup, chili or any warm dish that calls for a side of cornbread. 😉
Kodiak Cake Cornbread Muffins
Credit: Kodiak Cake
- Kodiak Cornbread Mix – one full box
- 46 grams liquid egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 84 grams I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light spread
- 12.8 ounces of Carbmaster (or lower carb/higher protein milk)
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin tins if needed (I use a silicone pan for ease)
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Divide the batter into 12 servings or to the size of your liking.
- Bake for 25+/- minutes. I watched them closely because I did not want them dry.
- Serve warm. However, they are still amazing the next day (just saying…😉)
Per Serving: 174 calories; 27.4 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g fat; 10.4 g protein.
You must be logged in to post a comment.