I love a good oatmeal recipe. I have been making my Peppermint Mocha Oats on repeat. However, when multiple people in the family want these in the morning, the process can be a bit inefficient. So I decided to take the recipe, modify it a bit and make up a large batch by baking it in a baking dish. The result was killer. We actually like it better. It’s almost more brownie/breakfast cake-like this way.
Cake or brownies for breakfast? Sounds great to me!
Baked Chocolate Cauliflower Oatmeal
The perfect make-ahead breakfast that is warm, comforting, delicious, nutritious, and a treat that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 TBS sugar free sweetener or Maple Syrup
- 1-2 12 ounce microwavable bags of cauliflower rice, cooked (I have used 1 bag and 2 bags)
- 100 grams rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 20 grams sugar free chocolate pudding powder mix
- 4 TBS cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 6 TBS liquid egg whites
- 2-4 TBS brown sugar (for sprinkling over the top before baking)
- Combine all ingredients (except the brown sugar) in a large bowl.
- Pour into prepared 9×13 baking pan (prepare by spraying with nonstick spray).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (when pulling the pan cold from the refrigerator, I put the pan in the oven at the beginning and allow to warm with the oven just to be safe). Right before putting the pan in the oven, sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. If making ahead for the week – it’s ok for it to be a little gooey in the center. It will come together when stored in the refrigerator. Also, when reheating in the microwave it will cook further.
- Can be eaten immediately or can be stored for breakfasts for the week.
- Reheat in the microwave for 1.5-2 minutes.
- Serve with a dash of almond milk, nut butter, berries, and/or other toppings of choice.
NutritionPer Serving: 176 Calories; 26.6 g Carbohydrates; 3.8 g Fat; 9 g Protein.
What I Used To Make This Recipe
American Dream Nut Butter is an amazing nut butter addition. I love this company so much. They are a small, local, Indiana-based company that gives 10% of all their proceeds to troops overseas. Their commitment to giving back is one that is admirable – not to mention their nut butters are Off. The. Charts!!! They somehow manage to add amazing flavors and add-ins to their very own almond and peanut butter while also managing to make them with less fat, less carbs, and higher protein than traditional nut butter. Win, Win, Win!!! FITFOODIE10 will save you money when you use my code.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. However, this will not and does not change your price. Only shares some of the commission.
You must log in to post a comment.