A beloved tradition in our house this time of year is to make Grinch Popcorn and watch The Grinch. We love the newest animated version of The Grinch so very much – Cindy Lou Who just has our hearts. In my humble opinion she embodies the spirit of Christmas.
This popcorn is oh so very yummy. Warning – your hands might turn green while making, but no worries. It washes off and just helps you to embody your own “grinch”. 😉
A sweet, decadent sweet popcorn treat perfect for your holiday festivities.
- 8-10 cups of microwave popcorn popped
- 3 cups of mini marshmallows
- 3 TBS I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light (or butter or other butter replacement)
- green food coloring
- 1/2 cup red/green M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn and put in a large bowl. Be sure to try to pick out the unpopped seeds.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a separate bowl – slowly in the microwave (1 minute, stir, 30 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth).
- Add green food coloring to the marshmallow mixture – until you get it to the appropriate green color.
- Stir the marshmallows into the popcorn. Stir until popcorn is covered with marshmallows.
- Lay mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with M&Ms.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.