So I went from pumpkin everything to peppermint, chocolate everything. My favorite new little go-to product is this Peppermint Stevia. A dropperful of this in hot chocolate? YUM! My favorite, macro-friendly hot cocoa mix is here.
I love a good mint and peppermint brownie. I wanted to make one that was something I could eat any day of the week and still be consistent with my nutrition goals. This time of year it’s good for me to try to be as consistent as I can so to maximize my health and energy.
There is too much at stake the month of December! It’s a season of hustle and bustle, lots to time with family and friends, lots of events, lots of fun, lots of sickness…just A LOT of everything! It’s important to have fun and enjoy oneself this time of year, but I have found it’s equally important to stay dialed in when and where I can.
So here you go – a YUMMY treat, but one that you can enjoy without compromising your nutrition goals!
Macro-Friendly Candy Cane Brownies
A nutritious yet fun and yummy treat for your the holidays and winter comfort.
- 200 grams overripe banana (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter (I used American Dream Nut Butter – S’mores)
- 1 scoops mint or peppermint protein powder (I used 1st Phorm Peppermint Bark)
- 4 dropperfuls of peppermint stevia (or other sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 5 Candy Cane, white chocolate Hershey kisses, chopped
- 1 Candy Cane, crushed
- 1 TBS dark chocolate chips
- 1 TBS white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 8×8 with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Blend the banana, applesauce, vanilla and wet ingredients until smooth.
- In a stand mixer mix together the rest of the ingredients, except for the candy and chocolate chips
- With a spoon stir in 1/2 of the candy cane and Hershey’s kisses.
- Pour the batter into your prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the candy, white chips and chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 22 minutes. A toothpick should come out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool and cut into 9 pieces.
- They will get sweeter with time.
- Can store on the counter for a day or so, but then after that will store best in the refrigerator.