We have a birthday morning tradition in our house – these birthday pancakes. I have made these all sorts of ways. Sometimes with cake mix when I have it on hand; however, I have made it without as well. They are still super delicious, special and sweet like a birthday cake (made either way). The keys to make these pancakes extra special are the sprinkles (how great are sprinkles?), extra vanilla, and then a powdered sugar glaze (with extra sprinkles of course!).
Birthday Cake Pancakes
The perfect breakfast for birthdays or other special mornings that everyone will be sure to love.
- For the pancakes
- 1.5 cup pancake mix (I used Kodiak)
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix (or just use all pancake mix)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 TBS egg whites
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk For the frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBS Unsweetened Almond Milk (+/- for your desired consistency)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS sprinkles, and then extra sprinkles for topping
- Preheat your pancake griddle or pan.
- Mix up your pancake batter (can be done the night before – may just need to add a little water or milk morning of).
- Mix up the frosting ingredients.
- Cook pancakes (about 1/4 cup batter per cake) until bubbly, flip, pull off, and stack.
- Top with more sprinkles and frosting glaze. Serve warm.
- Leftover pancakes and frosting keep in the refrigerator for several days. Simply reheat the pancakes. Spread a little of the frosting over the heated cakes, and let it melt.
What I Used To Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some of the commission.
You must log in to post a comment.