Need a fresh recipe idea that is not only beautiful but also DELICIOUS? This would be a lovely alternative to pie for your Thanksgiving meal and festivities. It’s a gorgeous dessert for holiday meals and get togethers. Or frankly, it’s healthy enough to make for breakfast, snack, or dessert for your everyday. No need for excuses. It’s perfectly nutritious enough to have at any time. But certainly, it’s wonderful for special events.
I love using fresh cranberries. They are so lovely in color, texture and give such flavor complexity. They are the perfect fruit to use in baking and cooking this time of year.
I like to microwave my fruit to soften it before baking. I want to be sure the fruit isn’t still crunchy after baking, and also, I don’t want to have to bake for so long that the crumble on top has to get too dark.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Apple Cranberry Crisp
This is an amazing recipe for your Holiday table. It's also nutritious enough that it can be made for any day. It's not only pretty but also delicious and nutritious!
- For The Filling:
- 3 cups apples, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 TBS flour (or cornstarch for GF)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup For the Topping:
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (or 40 grams) unpacked brown sugar
- 1 TBS flour
- 3 TBS I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light, melted
- 1/3 cup (or 30 g) granola (I used Julian’s Bakery granola)
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 8×8 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Microwave apples for 4-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Microwave cranberries 1 minute until they begin to soften.
- Stir together the filling ingredients.
- Spread evenly into the pan.
- Stir together the topping ingredients and crumble evenly over the fruit filling.
- Bake uncovered for 50+/- minutes or until the topping light brown and crisp.
- Cool slightly and serve warm with whipped topping, ice cream or milk.
NutritionPer Serving: 150 calories; 31 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g fat; 2.7 g protein.
What I Used To Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.