It’s a Monday. Do you have a meal plan for the week? Working on it? How about a new pasta dish? This one is a great recipe to try if looking to mix it up a little.
Fridays are pasta nights for us. We have A LOT of activity over the weekends. My husband and I like to be active and get in some good workouts. Our kids are very active in sports and have pretty extensive sports schedules over the weekends. We used to always have pizza on Friday nights, but recently with all the sports and activities we have decided pizza might not be the BEST fuel for everyone. So pasta is the new pizza. A nice pasta dish with some good bread and maybe a glass of wine is the perfect dish for a Friday evening around here.
I was looking for a different recipe to some fresh inspiration to our normal pasta. We love a good red sauce, but I thought I would try something with some flair. This recipe was inspired by the Minimalist Baker.
For my husband and I, I like to cook spaghetti squash to go along with the regular spaghetti noodles. I combine the two to increase the volume of my dish. My husband sticks to the spaghetti squash. He eats from more of a ketogenic diet.
The sauce works great for all diets – vegan, dairy-free, vegetarian, gluten free, keto…whatever your dietary needs, this is for you!
Also, one tip before I move on to the recipe…the recipe calls for charred peppers and onion. Do you yourself a big favor and save a lot of time by using your air fryer if you have one! Simply quarter the pepper and onion, place in the air fryer. Fry on 400 until blackened – about 15 minutes.
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
A delightfully sweet-savory twist on your traditional pasta dish.
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- handful of fresh basil (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 TBS arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 ounces of pasta of choice
- Quarter the onion and red pepper. Place in air fryer on 400 until charred. You can do this in the oven as well – it just might take a bit longer.
- Place the onion, pepper and rest of pasta ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- While the onion and pepper are cooking up, start your pasta and cook until al dente.
- Combine the sauce and pasta and warm.
- Optional – serve with fresh chopped basil and parmesan cheese.