Happy Taco Tuesday! Every Tuesday I make some variation of Mexican food. My family LOVES Mexican, so it’s a guaranteed win, win, win. It’s an easy way for me to meal plan.
I have on several occasions planned for tacos, looked in the pantry for taco seasoning, and what? No taco seasoning!?
Well, now – no worries! I have made this recipe time and again. I have tweaked and mixed it up with different seasonings, and it’s just as delicious and more flavorful than the packets. Bonus, I make it lower sodium than the packets. I LOVE to eat salty foods, but my body and blood pressure do not love the salt.
Taco seasoning that is cheaper, healthier and tastier than the packets.
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Flavor God Everything seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix all the spices together.
- I use all of this in 1 pound of cooked meat, along with 2/3 cup water, and 1 tsp arrowroot powder for thickening. (Could sub flour or omit altogether)
- Depending on how spicy you like your meat – you can use more or less of the mix.
- You can double, triple, quadruple the recipe and store in a small jar for future use.
What I Used To Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
You must log in to post a comment.