Ahi tuna is a wonderful source of protein. It is low in fat, high quality in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Also, it is a FAST, EASY meat to prepare. If you are in need of a quick dinner, this meat is wonderful. This recipe is delicious and a family favorite.
I made it last night. My picky five year old picked it up and ate it like a chicken strip. AND he went back for more! I cooked about 24 ounces – 4 large, 6 ounce filets. We had 2.5 ounces leftover – that was it!
Asian Ahi Tuna
A delicious, quick, quality, protein for your busy night meal.
- 4-4 ounce Ahi Tuna filets
- 4 TBS coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 4 tsp Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp orange infused olive oil (can use EVOO)
- Thaw filets in the refrigerator.
- Put all ingredients in gallon sized ziploc bag to marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Heat cast iron pan until hot. Place filets in pan and allow to sear for 3 minutes.
- Flip filets. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to set for 5 minutes.