I am about to post the easiest recipe that is sure to be a family favorite dinner for you. My family actually considered this one of the best dinners I have made in a long time. I am not sure if I should be flattered or offended? But I will take it.
This dip is excellent with tortilla chips (obvi), crackers or pretzel crisps. HOWEVER, it is especially awesome with carrots, celery and on lettuce salad. For real – my daughter actually prefers to eat this with carrots as opposed to chips, and I wholeheartedly agree with her! My husband devoured his on salad with some pork rinds (keto man). My boys enjoyed pretzel crisps and entertained me by eating a few carrots. Hey – I call that a win.
I have made this dip SEVERAL times, but this last time, I made a few tweaks, and we decided that this was the BEST batch yet! The foundation of this recipe came from the inspiration of Laura. She has such great, healthy, practical, and real food recipes that accommodate busy lifestyles, which I appreciate.
I made this with hamburger (3/4 pound of 96% lean and 3/4 pound 90% lean), that I browned and drained completely. Even if using beef with higher fat content, when I drain all the fat and grease, I call it 96% lean beef in MyFitnessPal. One thing I did that set this recipe apart was I had made it previously and seasoned it with sausage seasoning.
Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think. This is not only wonderful for dinner, but also as an appetizer or snack for all those rapidly approaching holiday meals! Tuck it away and try another day…soon!
Family Favorite Hamburger Dip
A recipe that is equally easy, healthy, fast, and delicious to make - a guaranteed family favorite.
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef (browned, drained and seasoned with sausage seasoning)
- 1 tsp Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 ounces banana peppers, chopped and finely diced
- 1-14.5 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- In a crockpot, first put down the cream cheese
- Then layer on the rest of the ingredients.
- No need to stir. Just pile it on and turn on the crockpot, set to high.
- Let the ingredients cook for about 1 hour, stir, set to low and allow to cook until combines well and hot.
- You can leave your crockpot on low and allow the dip to stay warm until ready to eat.
- Serve with fresh veggies – carrots, celery, lettuce salad – or chips, pretzel crisps, or crackers.
You must log in to post a comment.