I made this chili this week with whatever I had on hand in terms of veggies. This is EXTREMELY versatile. The original recipe came from Katie Crokus’ Easiest Ever Rainbow Chili.
Of course, I took the basic recipe and did my own thing. I’m such a rebel like that. Actually, I am just a bad planner. Something will sound good to me, or I will realize I have certain foods that need to be used. I will draw some inspiration from a recipe or two and do my thing. Most of the time this works out well. There are definitely some flops here and there of course. There is for sure a lot of “how can I do this better’s!”
I cooked this in the instapot and would highly recommend doing the same. It was perfect!
Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Chili
A fantastic, incredibly versatile chili that is fast and easy to make as well as full of flavor and micronutrients!
- 130g onions chopped
- 160g celery chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 medium yellow and red pepper (300g)chopped
- 85g baby carrots chopped
- Spray the insert in your instapot with non stick spray, add 1 tsp of EVOO, and saute all the veggies for several minutes until they begin to soften.
- To the veggies add your seasonings.
- 1 TBS Trader Joe’s chili lime seasoning
- 2 tsp Flavor God Everything seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 TBS Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- Stir the seasonings with the veggies well.
- Turn the instapot off of saute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
- 1 10-12 ounce bag of cauliflower rice
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups of water
- Give everything a good stir
- Set the instapot to 25 minutes
- Let the instapot do it’s thing and allow it to release pressure on it’s own.
- I made this hours before eating and just let it sit in the pot on warm until serving.
- Stir and enjoy with fresh cilantro, cheese, sour cream, over greens, meat or more rice and noodles. However, you prefer. Add and take away whatever you desire.
This is the instapot that I have, use, and LOVE.