This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I have said it once and will say it again, this chicken from Aldi is the bomb. It is most like the real Chick-fil-A chicken (in my opinion). Simply buy and either bake or air fry – and you have a healthier, cheaper (and more convenient?) chicken sandwich! More convenient? You might be wondering about that…for me, getting take out from Chick-fil-A is crazy. I have now started to use the app and curbside; however, it still always takes a while! Chick-fil-A’s service is awesome, but they do so much business it all can be a bit of a racket. I often pull away and think – it would have been much easier to just pop some chicken into the air fryer!
So here you are – Chick-fil-A in the comfort of your home.
Another thing that sets Chick-fil-A apart for us is their sauce. We could bathe in sauce we love it so much – all of us. We scramble for it. However, have you ever looked up the nutrition facts? 😳 You maybe just don’t want to. It’s pretty high in calories, carbs and fat.
I have perfected a recipe that is very similar in taste and much better for you in terms of macros. Give it a try.
OR, if you don’t want to make the sauce yourself, this sauce from Kroger is pretty darn close.
If you want another store bought option that is more macro friendly – this honey mustard sauce is quite good as well!
Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich and Sauce
A quick, easy, and economical way to enjoy a family favorite meal.
- Kirkwood Chicken Breast Filets (Aldi’s)
- Brioche buns (a must – brioche is where it is at!)
- Chick-fil-A sauce
- Place filets in the air fryer at 400 for 15 minutes. Flip and cook 10 minutes longer.
- If making the copycat sauce, combine: 1/4 cup light mayo, 2 TBS honey, 1 TBS yellow mustard, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tsp lemon juice, 2 TBS Sugar Free BBQ. Combine while chicken is cooking refrigerate to let flavors come together.
- Combine the bun, filet, pickle and sauce.
- Serve with a side salad or side of waffle/fries for a true copycat Chick-fil-A meal.
This is the BBQ we prefer. The flavor is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
It is low in sugar and carbohydrates, making this a more macro-friendly option for BBQ sauce.
“As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”