The perfect weeknight meal or meal to make ahead for the week!
My favorite type of meal prep is one that includes high volume and lots of veggies that I can reheat and eat off of for the week for both lunch and dinner. I love a good hot/cold salad. This Chicken Broccoli-Cauli Bake is the perfect addition to a salad of greens, veggies, rice and or salad dressing.
I bake this dish ahead, cut into 8 large pieces and then reheat in my air fryer before eating. The air fryer gives the most wonderful crisp to the outside making it the most delicious addition to any salad or bowl.
Chicken Broccoli Bake
- 1 pound of chicken cooked (this can be rotisserie which I highly recommend or breast that is cooked and finely shredded)
- 1 12-16 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets steamed and chopped
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
- 4 oz Probiotic Farmer Cheese (I like this for low sodium option but can sub cottage or ricotta cheese)
- 84 grams (1/2 cup) lite shredded cheese
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 10 oz bag of riced cauliflower, steamed
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Everything But The Bagel seasoning (is what I use or you can sub sea salt)
- 4 oz part skim mozzarella
- 2 TBS grated parmesan
- 50 grams bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep a 9×13 with nonstick cooking spray.
- Steam both the cauliflower rice and broccoli. Chop the broccoli.
- Combine the chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, laughing cow cheese wedges, lite shredded cheese, Farmer (or ricotta/cottage) cheese, whisked eggs. Stir until combined evenly.
- Spread evenly into 9×13 pan and then top with mozzarella, grated parmesan and pepper. Could also top with sliced red onion, jalapeño, tomato…sky is the limit on toppings and add ons.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until middle is set.
This can be eaten immediately or will save in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and will freeze well for 3 months as well.
25 g protein